As the parent of children with mental health challenges, I know too well the importance of finding appropriate services and support, and connecting with an organization committed to enhancing the quality of life for children and their families.
And as a member of the community, I know that I am not alone in knowing a child who is living with a mental health need. The challenges of mental illness present many faces…from children with ADHD, Autism or depression, to those with anxiety, behavioral or social disorders…from children who are traumatized by the separation from their families, to those who are traumatized by violence in their communities. These are the children, along with their families who so desperately need your Support! In 2015, the New Jersey Parents Caucus:
- Developed Data Brief on the Psychotropic Medication Use of New Jersey Children & Youth
- Were integral in the passage of Senate Bill S2003 which was signed into law by Governor Christie in August 2015, ending solitary confinement for youth
- Represented the Family Voice at the NJ Institute for Social Justice’s New Jersey Juvenile Justice Reform Coalition
- Represented at Treating Youth as Youth Conference held at Drew University in August 2015
- Provided Professional Parent Advocacy Training in Morris, Mercer, Essex and Union Counties reaching over 40,000 parent training hours since 2009
When You Donate, You are Supporting:.
- Leadership Education & Training for Parents & Family Members through our Professional Parent Advocacy Training
- Opportunities for Parents & Family Members to Advocate for Systems Change
- Access to mental health services, treatment and insurance.
- Parents & Family Member Engagement Training for professionals involved in the child-serving arena
Dedicated Information Website
- Transportation for Parents & Family Members to informational Meetings with policymakers in our state and Washington DC.
- Outreach & Grassroots organizing in some of New Jersey’s most impoverished communities.
- Information & Referral Services for parents and family members accessing much needed mental health care and treatment for their children.
The New Jersey Parents’ Caucus provides a much needed services and supports and a voice for these children and their families. Through outreach, education and support, the staff, volunteers and families involved work daily to eliminate the stigma children and their families face. Whether a child is involved in mental health, special education, juvenile justice or child welfare, NJPC strives tirelessly to support children and their families.
I am asking you to support children’s mental health by making a tax-deductible contribution to an organization committed to enhancing and preserving the happiness, healing, dignity and future of hundreds of thousands of children faced with mental health issues in our state. Please join us in acting upon the powerful and truthful saying, “it takes a village to raise a child.” Together, let us build that village. Thank you for your time, consideration, compassion and most of all your donation.
Last year, contributions directly supported:
- The provision of the Professional Parent Advocacy training and education program for parents throughout the state who struggle with accessing mental health care and treatment for their children.
- Outreach to communities and schools to increase public awareness about child and adolescent mental health, substance abuse and developmental disabilities.
- Information and referral services and education to parents and family members who are unable to attend our events because of health issues, lack of transportation, etc. through our Website and FaceBook pages.
- NJPC’s Statewide Youth Coalition.
- Parents and Family Members participation in policy advocacy in our state and Washington DC, to better inform policymakers of the struggles of families raising children with mental health and substance abuse challenges.
- Dedicated trained advocates for parents and family members raising children involved in multiple child serving systems.
- Keeping children and youth in their homes and communities.
Thank you for choosing New Jersey Parents’ Caucus. Your contribution is an investment that will work year round to support children’s mental health and preserve the happiness, healing, dignity and future of hundreds of thousands of children faced with mental health issues in our state.